Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How can I make punk makeup work well with my brown eyes?

I don't know if all the heavy black eyeliner/eyeshadow really works well with my eyes or not (making them look smaller/too overpowering), but I cant help but to love the style... any advice on making it all work?How can I make punk makeup work well with my brown eyes?
Brown is an easy eye color to wear all the different eye shadows with! I have brown eyes, and am also a makeup artist so I know! :)





However, a lot of this depends on your overall coloring and your eyeshape. Is your eyes small, round, almond shaped, large, close set, wide set etc?





The best place for some kick butt (and punk) makeup looks is a book by makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin called ';Making Faces';. I refer to this book a lot, b/c it has some incredibale looks, helps you pick your eye shape and coloring, etc. with step by step instructions. (Plus he never uses product names, so your not restricted to over priced makeup).





Other than that advice, Try smokey grays to create that cat-eyed, punk rocker, emo-goth girl look ;) A deep shimmery gray looks so much sexier than a black and is more user friendly. It also looks good on a wider range of skin tones. Try smudging it with a brush along your lash line and using a light shimmery color like pink or lime green under your brow line. That suprising color under your brows (where a white usually goes) is very punk.





Hope that helps.How can I make punk makeup work well with my brown eyes?
It will not be punk if you worry about questions like that.


Just use too much of everything
I dont know much about punk, but I do know the smokey eye look looks greaaat with brown eyes. I have dark brown eyes, so I like to line my eyes with eyeliner and apply a brown eyeshadow to the top of my lids, then a darker maybe even pitch black color all arou nd the edges of my eyes, liquid eyeliner looks nice too and maybe some mascara. Its alot of makeup so if your going to do it you shouldnt try and dress up much of the rest of your face like blush or lipstick, or lipgloss, it over powers it too much and you will look like a doll. so wear some foundation if you have to, and some chapstick and it will look nice.
I would suggest putting black eyeliner on the bottom lash line, like you normally do, then try applying an eyeshadow other than black. Just because you are going for the punk look doesnt mean you only have to use black eyeshadow. What about a bright pink, yellow, green, etc. Whatever color you choose, and then use eyeliner on your top eyelid. This will give you the black, but add a little bit of color to enhance your eyes. You can also try using different color eyeliners as well. Hope this helped =)
Yes! try these looks:





(1) Use a bright pink blush with high pigment as eyeliner, and apply it in a very thick line on top and bottom lashes--then top with lots of black mascara on top lashes only, leaving a hint of pink on the bottom lashes. Leave the rest of the face nude, and use foundation on your lips to create a nude look.





(2) Use a black liquid liner and draw a line on top lashes, start with a thin line on this inner corner of the eye and make it thicker as you get closer to the outer corner. Take a red metallic eyeshadow and trace above the eyeliner, going slightly beyond the outer corner of the eye. Finish with lots of mascara and a deep purple lipstick, or a bronze metallic lipstick.
i wear heavy blach eyeliner myself, and i find that it makes my small eyes appear bigger. also, the color of your eyes doesn't really matter that much in the long run as long as you know how to properly apply the eyeliner
contact lens
nope not know
How about not using black eyeshadows. I've found that just using a thick dramatic line on the top lid is enough. It makes your eyes stand out and gives the look you want. I use black mascara on top and bottom eyelashes. Good luck!
don't use liner under the eye. And uh, it looking overpowering is like the hallmark of punk makeup. c'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting